{The Island}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{The Island}

a crossover slash roleplay community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's lonely but it's safe

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2007-06-21

It's lonely but it's safe Empty
PostSubject: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 7:59 pm

I'm fed up with playing Cupid for those two. I should do what's in my best interest...if I knew what that was.

He sat in the sand, and grabbed a fistful of it.
"Worst vacation ever," he muttered.

The skyline was blurred by dark grey clouds reflected in the water. They hadn't reached the island yet, but the wind was bringing an eventual storm their way. If they were lucky, it wouldn't rain before the nightfall. Keyword being 'if'. The day had barely started for them, but it kept getting worse - or stranger - by the minute. At this rate, he'd come back in the jungle to find Tom and Michael doing...

I did not just try to picture that.

At least Gabe's intervention had helped William become more detached from Tom's case - mentally, since he was fully involved otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theacademyis.com
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 pm

William heard footsteps and rustling of leaves behind him.
I highly doubt it's Michael or Tom.

"Hey Gabe," he said without even looking at the man. He didn't sound too happy, but his feeling were contradictory. He'd always be pleased to see him.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:49 pm

Gabe looked around. He looked back at William.
"Hey William. You feelin' okay?"
He started towards the man, his bare-feet slightly sinking in the sand of the beach they were on. The necklace rocked. Back and forth. back and forth. The wind was stronger out in the open. Gabe shivered.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 pm

"Yeah, I suppose. Depends how you define 'okay', I guess."

The wind was strong. William wished he had something to tie his hair, because its lenght was starting to bother him.

"How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:58 pm

Gabe arrived next to William and shivered again. He crossed his arms for warmth, facing the sea, next to William; he looked out in the distance and back at William.
"I'm okay. A bit tired, maybe. But out of all of us, I think I'm the one who's had it easiest so far." He saw the look William gave him. "Yes' he said "even better than the Aussie."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Gabe's shoulder brushed against William's. His skin was cold, and it made William shiver as well.

"What makes you said that?"
He traced patterns in the sand with his index finger.
"We're all doing pretty good so far. Well - aside from Tom, obviously. I don't think any of us can really compare."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Gabe looked down at the sand.
"I don't only mean physically, dude. I mean all-together."
Again, the wind blew in Gabe's hair. He looked back up at William, his dark eyes into his.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:09 pm

"Oh. Well for the record, Michael was born like that." He chuckled. "Ah, I'm harsh with him. I really like the guy, though."

The look in Gabe's eyes made him forget why he had attempted humor in the first place.
"Really, I'm doing fine. And I'm glad to hear you are, too."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 pm

"Don't worry about me" he said. "I just want to make sure you're fine."
Gabe's look was mixed with serious-ness and a serene calmness.
"Just wanna be sure you're okay. You're still a best bud, despite it all."
He gave another look at the sea and sky. His eyes looked darker than ever, yet this only seemed to make Gabe look more mature,
which was a little uncommon.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 pm

He grinned. "I didn't know I was in the 'best bud' category. That's cool. That makes one thing I can be certain of."

Gabe, being the mature figure? It was odd, but William didn't have anything against it.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Gabe sniggered.

"Shut up, Will. You know I've always cared for you. Right?"

Unless you think that little of me. You probably do, in any case.

He changed the weight of his body to the other leg.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:29 pm

"I don't know. I mean - drunk people care about a lot of things, and I've rarely seen you sober until now." He shrugged and smiled. "I hoped you did."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:36 pm

He looked at William again.
"I know I'm not that serious of a guy. But I've still got my beliefs and values. Alcohol won't change that" he said. "Drugs neither."

And whatever happens on this damned piece of drowning soil neither.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:39 pm

"That's a good thing. Either way, there's no way you're gonna get drunk or stoned here. We found a cellphone, but I doubt we'll find any d..."

His eyes went wide. "Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you. We found a cellphone."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:42 pm

"Yeah, I saw that. I don't think we'll be getting any signal out here though."
He shrugged.
"I wonder how long we'll stay stuck here?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:46 pm

"Oh, wow." He looked at the darkening sky. "I don't know. But the cellphone had a message on the voicemail - did you hear it? - that said we had to leave. If it was directed at us, which I doubt, it would mean there's actually some way of getting the fuck out of here. I'd like to believe that."

"Otherwise you'll be stuck with a drama queen, a psycho and an Aussie for the rest of your life. Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:53 pm

"Oh yeah. The message. But being stuck with a bunch of... well, you said it; that's not the problem. I'd just love to have fun for once. I don't know. Dance around a bonfire? Joke around a bit? It all seems so unattainable."

He plopped down in the sand.
"Might as well try and make it as enjoyable as we can, right?" he aksed, looking straight ahead into the faded clouds.

Last edited by on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:56 pm

"Yeah. That's how it usually works..." He smiled. "It's like when an elevator gets stuck with two people in it. They got better chances of being rescued if they have sex. That's statistically proved in movies."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:58 pm

Gabe was reminded of memories. He smiled.
"Guess this time's different, eh?" he asked.

This time was different. Yet sometimes, it felt all the same.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:00 pm

"Yeah. There's no elevator." He laughed. "Just kidding."

"If Tom could learn to trust people again, or just chill out a bit, it would be good for everyone."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:05 pm

"Yeah. I think so too" he said.

Gabe looked around.
"My hoodie's nowhere to be found. Did you use that too?"
He laughed at the look William gave him.
"Just kidding, man. It's just that I'm getting cold" he said. He shivered again. "The sun's beginning to go down on us."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:10 pm

"I'd help you get warm, but you might consider it inappropriate for 'good buddies'."

His fingers kept playing in the sand.
Or for a guy who made a declaration to someone else earlier this morning.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 pm

"You still on that?" he asked. He looked at the sand, then at William.

"I told you: I wasn't myself. It was stupid. Don't take it seriously, because it wasn't" he said.
He brushed his hair with a hand. The wind blew a little chillier. Gabe shivered.

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm still cold, though. I think it's time to take out the lighter."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:22 pm

"Yeah, I'm with you on that," he replied, not wanting to comment on the first statement.

If I asked you, could you refuse? Were you honest when you said nothing could change the fact we're good buddies? I want to test it. I want to know.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Gabe went to the woods and came back with a pile of dried leaves and medium-to-small twigs. He let go of the pile near William, and flung out his golden lighter. Once he had successfully managed to keep the flame for longer than 2 seconds, he lit a leaf that set the whole mass on fire.
"Good thing I put a bigger piece of wood underneath" he said matter-of-factly. "Jew camp did pay off" he added.

"Then again, without the lighter, I'd be screwed. Like back then, come to think of it"
He sat down next to the fire, blowing on it while exposing his hands to the warmth emanated by the flames.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's lonely but it's safe   It's lonely but it's safe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's lonely but it's safe
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next