{The Island}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{The Island}

a crossover slash roleplay community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nurse Beckett?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom Conrad

Tom Conrad

Number of posts : 1888
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:31 pm

The sleeping man sighed happily, nuzzling closer to Michael's body. Suddenly, the gun fell out his pocket, accompanied by an unopened packet of pills.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forevernever.net
Michael Guy Chislett

Michael Guy Chislett

Number of posts : 1515
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Michael's face fell when he saw Tom's 'hidden treasures'. He carefully picked up the gun and pill packet and moved them away from Tom, trying to hide them from view before his stressed friend could see them. William seemed busy enough with Gabe. Hopefully he hadn't noticed.
Back to top Go down
Tom Conrad

Tom Conrad

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Tom's eyes fluttered open as the man moved. He stared at Michael with strange, childish grey eyes.
Back to top Go down
Michael Guy Chislett

Michael Guy Chislett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Michael smiled at seeing Tom so vulnerable.

Still a little loopy himself, he decided to go for a nice, "Hello."
Back to top Go down
Tom Conrad

Tom Conrad

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 6:58 pm

"H-Hello." Tom yawned, patting Michael's leg absentmindedly. His stomach swooped and he sat up abrubtly, pulling away from the other man.
Back to top Go down
Michael Guy Chislett

Michael Guy Chislett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 7:16 pm

"Feeling better?" Michael played with a leaf absently.
Back to top Go down
Tom Conrad

Tom Conrad

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 7:21 pm

Tom grunted and patted his pocket. He froze. "Where are they?" Michael didn't answer. He crawled over, fastening his hand around the other man's neck. "Where. Are. They?"
Back to top Go down
Michael Guy Chislett

Michael Guy Chislett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 7:52 pm

Michael let his eyes drift slightly to the side before catching himself and snapping them back to Tom's face.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said evenly, sounding more lucid than he'd been all day.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

Number of posts : 3252
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:46 pm

William glanced at the two men, but decided that he was better off not giving them too much attention. If he could convince himself that whatever happened between them didn't matter, then maybe he could fight the urge to start a new argument with Tom. He hadn't seemed to be doing too well since his departure from the band - or maybe it was simply that William hadn't noticed before? Either way, there was no need to make things worse.

He smiled at Gabe, hoping it would help him forget about the pain for a second. "Hey. Last time I saw you like that, we'd done cocaine in Travis' flat. You remember?" It was a poorly disguised attempt to see if the man could remember anything and if he had snapped back to consciousness, but being too blunt with a "are you still with us?" could have scared him. In fact, a negative answer would have scared William, too.

Gabe had always been the carefree, good-living man in their circle of friends. His silly jokes could even cheer up Pete in his darkest moments, or tear a laugh from Patrick when he was too seriously involved in his work. He was truly amazing, but William had never figured out the best way to put it into words.

Back to top Go down
http://www.theacademyis.com
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

Number of posts : 1363

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:14 am

"Last time I didn't feel both legs, instead of just one." Gabe replied, trying to move around a bit. His hands were hard-pressed on the ground.
"Last time I saw you this concerned was... well, it wasn't too long ago, in fact." He eyed towards Tom and Micheal. "You thinking of one of 'em?"
Gabe's cheeks regained a bit of their fleshy colour, making his paleness gradually disappear. He grinned at Will's face.
"No need to get flustered. You don't have to answer; your face was well worth-it."
And he lay himself on his back, letting out a big sigh of relief as he lay there, his eyes glistening to the relfection of the very blue sky.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 am

It was incredibly ironical that Gabe could see his concern, yet Tom was completely oblivious to it.

"How do you do it?" William asked, somewhat skeptical. "Your injury is worse that what most of us had to cope with so far, but you've managed to keep your cool and just be...so collected. I don't know. It's not that it bothers me, it's just...sometimes I wish I could be more like you."

He started to wonder if Gabe had ever felt the way he did. He would probably be wasting his time if he expected any advice straight from the man's mouth. Gabe was above all those things, wasn't he? Living life the 'rockstar way' probably meant never growing attached to anyone.

William placed both knees under his chin, wrapping his arms around his legs.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:32 am

With the help of his hands, Gabe lifted himself very slightly to better look at Will's face.
"What's with the frown?" Gabe asked as he saw the other man curl up. "You sure you're okay? You know, you can tell me if it'll make you feel better."
Gabe was looking at him from under, emphasizing his eyes even more than a thick slab of eyeliner would have. His dark hair had dried, making it incredibly bushy yet very soft. His clothes as well had dried, and he seemed to be the only one still left with a shirt on. Gabe's chest rose very high as he breathed.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:43 am

William's cheeks flushed; he could feel it but he couldn't tell why. Gabe was being so nice to him. After all he did, after all he thought - could someone actually be nice to him? Did anyone even have the right to anymore?

"I..."

How the fuck am I supposed to say this without sounding like a total creep?

"I realized I'm a whole lot like Pete." He pouted, his thick and messy hair falling on his eyes. "I use words to hurt people I can't have. But he gets away with it - it's business - and I don't."

What he truly wanted to say was, if I had known I'd be stuck on an island for an undetermined amount of time I would have made different choices and maybe I would be happier right now. But it was terribly, terribly stupid.

Suddenly, he felt like crying. But he didn't, because - well, you don't cry in front of Gabe. That's just common knowledge.

"I'm a bad, bad person. I really want things I don't deserve and I can't have."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 12:59 am

Gabe wished he could move closer to William. He didn't move, instead, he put his hand on William's hand and said:

"I don't see what you're saying. You're a very considerate person, Will. Proof, you're practically crying right in front of me because of a past blunder. I don't buy your 'bad person' persona, because it simply isn't you. And you can't tell me I don't know you, or was that night in Vegas so forgettable to you?"

And he winked at William, smiling. His teeth, surprisingly white, made his face light up along with the newfound colour his face had gotten. The wind drew a bit stronger, making the leaves around the two men flutter even more.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:09 am

For a second - or maybe a fraction of it - it appeared to only be the two of them; Gabe and William, and the world had stopped. The younger man was mesmerized. The guilt hadn't subsided, but Gabe had truly made him feel better. Whether he had said the truth or not, it didn't matter. As long as Gabe believed it, it was fine. So very fine.

Without a word, William moved to sit at Gabe's side. He grabbed his upper arm and held it against his chest like a child would have done with a plush toy. To each his own comforting possession. He rested his head on Gabe's shoulder and closed his eyes. He was finally smiling.

"It's been a rough day so far."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:20 am

Gabe's cheeks had now grown a bit more reddish. But what the hell, we're on a deserted island, for chrissake. Might as well enjoy the moment, and make sure your fellow musician and friend was okay. Gabe lay his head on William's and smiled too.
"It's been rough, indeed. Which is why resting a bit can't hurt."

He looked around. Things were taking a surprising twist. Tom and Micheal were further away, to themselves. And Gabe was with William, practically nuzzling him like he would with some bunny, well, someone very close.
"I'm not sure what we should do, though. But don't worry, everything's gonna work out just fine. You'll see." And with that, Gabe momentarily closed his eyes and let the continuous breeze tickle his eyelids.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:28 am

"I'm glad it's you," William whispered.

William rarely tolerated to be close to people, and the people he wanted to be close to rarely felt the same way. But Gabe was always there at the right time, without ever asking for anything in return. He couldn't share that with anyone else.

Not even with Tom, he thought, and then promised himself to keep him off his mind when he want around the other man. Gabe didn't need to deal with that.

If living on an island meant being like that, just the way he was feeling at that precise moment, then maybe he could get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:37 am

Gabe took a deep breath. He wasn't used to being this close to someone. He had always done it-but it was never serious- and this was most certainly a first to him. Still, he appreciated the feeling.
"Should I 'kiss you good-bye'?" and Gabe immediately regretted having said those words. The situation was too close to make those kind of jokes.
Might not even sound like a joke, he thought severly.
"Ha ha, just kidding" he said, looking around everywhere. "My bad" he added, although he doubted it was the right thing to say. He lifted one hand and curbed his back, scratching it. "Sorry, got an itch right there. I got a feeling the bugs are appreciating our presence."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:45 am

William gasped. Somehow it hadn't occurred to him that being on an island meant dealing with all kinds of exotic insects. He despised them. All he could think of was the Butcher's comment on the matter: "You scream like a girl." It was most likely true, but he didn't want anyone to confirm, thank you very much.

With the possibility of being stuck with bugs came the fear of seeing one particularly disgusting. And then the paranoia of "what's the thing I just felt on my leg?"

Inevitably, William soon believed that the slightest thing that touched him might be one of those hideous bugs. He did what anyone in their right mind would have done - he attempted to stay away from the ground. In that case, it meant crashing in Gabe's arms.

"Woah...sorry, I just...I hate creepy-crawly things."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:53 am

Gabe looked at Will. "My leg... ! You're not even hurting it!" He stretched it out, only to see a gigantic scar running from his knee to his ankle. "I guess that 'elevation' technique really works, huh?"

Gabe smiled, quite happy to not feel anymore pain. He hadn't thought of it since he'd started talking with William. Now that his mind was back on his injury, he was exstatic to see he would probably be walking by tomorrow.
"...Tomorrow. What will we do here?" Gabe saw William eye the ground. "Don't worry, Will" he said in a fake-motherly voice "I'll protect you." And he laughed.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:02 am

William laughed with him. "Ha! You'd make a terrible mother with that life of debauchery you lead. I'm not sure I can imagine you settling down." He grinned. "But 'housewife Gabe' cooking pancakes? Pleasant picture."

He drew a little closer to Gabe - probably not enough for the man to notice, but William enjoyed the proximity. It was familiar and safe.

"We haven't built anything decent yet. I don't think we can count on those two to make something. No offense to them, but...y'know. I'm just being realistic here." He shrugged. "We'll have plenty of things to do tomorrow. And then figure a way to get out of here."
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:10 am

"Amusing? Horrible, man! Horrible! You'll never see me cooking pancakes ever." And Gabe gave a playful shove of his body against William. "I'm pretty sure I couldn't help much for now, though. But I could always, y'know, cheer on. Cheerleader Gabe, how does that sound?" He had a large grin all over his face.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett
Admin
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:13 am

"Man, I can totally see that!" he eclaimed over-enthusiastically. "You were born to rock the pompoms. Can you do the dance that comes with it, too?"

Gabe Saporta, dancer extraordinaire. As if there was a dance he didn't already master.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Saporta

Gabe Saporta

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:22 am

"Not that I'd ever try it out in front of you!" Gabe laughed loud, almost making the two other men in the distance turn around to look. Gabe loved a good time, and even on a deserted island, he had found someone he could jerk around with.

This could be seen in his laugh.

Gabe looked at William. "I'd like to see you sing the G-A-B-E...!"
Back to top Go down
Tom Conrad

Tom Conrad

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:35 am

The buzzing in Tom's head drowned out what the other men were saying. He tightened his grip on Michael's throat. "I know you've got them." He growled quietly. "Where are they? Where did you put them?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nurse Beckett?   Nurse Beckett? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurse Beckett?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next