{The Island}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{The Island}

a crossover slash roleplay community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waiting.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Bowie

David Bowie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am

"Shit!" the man hissed between his teeth, tightening the makeshift bandage around his leg to stop the hemorragia. If he had been younger, he thought, his injury wouldn't have been so much of a big deal. Hell, he probably wouldn't have been injured in the first place.

His back pressed against the damp rock, he tried to at least be grateful for surving the accident, and then finding a spot out of direct sunlight.

Except right then, it occured to him that if no one found him, he'd probably die there, in that very same spot. The thought of it wasn't particularly pleasing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidbowie.com
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Number of posts : 30

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Patrick opened his eyes. He saw blue. A blue sky made him temporarily blind.
Where am I? he thought to himself.
And he heard grunting, right next to him. A man was at a couple of feet to him, obviously in pain. Patrick did not recognize the figure immediately.
"Hey, sir" he started, getting up slowly. The crash hadn't affected any part of him seriously. He was cut, at several places, but aside from that, Patrick was stunned at his own shape.
"Sir" he said, walking towards him "sir, are you alright? Do you need any help?"
He kneeled down and suddenly saw who he had talked to. His face went pale in a flash.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 pm

"Yes," he bowed his head out of unecessary courtesy, "in fact, I do." Teeth clenched, he tried to raise his knee up to his chin, but failed. "I think it's serious. My leg." If he hadn't been so insistant for help, he would have noticed his interlocutor's bemused and surprised expression. However, all he could think about was the blood that was already flowing out of his bandage.

"I'm sincerely sorry to ask this, but would you mind looking at it?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:02 pm

Patrick snapped out of his daze. Recognizing the urge of Bowie's wound, he pressed himself towards it.
"Sure. But I don't know if I can do much" he said, squinting at the view of the bloody leg. As his face got closer, he saw that the blood came fron a severe cut from Bowie's ankle. Aside from that, there was no other source of blood.
"I think it's a sprain" he said. "There. You have a cut. That's where all the blood is coming from. You might have a scindered ligament though" he said, looking back at Bowie's leg. He couldn't believe what was happening.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:08 pm

"You've done medical studies as well?" he inquired, barely hiding his amazement. "That's very impressive, mister...Stump, if I'm not mistaken?" Before the man could reply, he quickly explained, "My wife said you were the," he used his fingers to mimic quotation marks, "next big thing in the music industry." He smiled. "For all I care, you entertain my son. He likes your music more than he likes his dad's." He chuckled at his words.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Patrick's eyes widened in amazement and awe.
"I'm, really, a big fan of yours..." he cursed himself insidely. He regretted so bad having said on that last video that, indeed, he was a Bowie fan; but more so of Prince. What the hell. Bowie probably never even seen the video. Patrick sighed, catching his breath gone with all the events.
"I don't think I'm the 'next big thing' in the music industry. I mean, I'm not even a quarter as good as you are" Patrick said. He couldn't believe Bowie knew his name. He tried to repress a cute grin, but failed.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 10:27 pm

Bowie couldn't help but smile. Not a polite smile, but a wide grin of amusement. "You're really an interesting fellow. Such a wide range of emotions in such a short lapse of time." It wasn't that he could read minds - it was simply that the man standing in front of him was too easy to figure out. Not that it was a bad thin. He was simply not used to it these days, since he would rarely meet fans face to face.

"Would you mind helping me get up?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:17 am

"Huh? Oh, sure. Here- take my arm."
Patrick slowly backed up as the older man tried to keep balance while hanging on Patrick's arm. When he was successfully up, Patrick looked at him; not knowing exactly what to say, he tried to provoke some kind of discussion.
"So, what were you doing on that plane anyways?" he aksed non-tactfully.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 11:57 pm

"Benefit concert," he replied, his attention still fully on how to keep his balance without being a complete burden to the man helping him. "It was supposed to remain a secret until the performance. Ah, but then again, I have a feeling they will get extra media coverage if they can't find me."

Not forgetting his manners despite the situation, he returned the question. "And you were...?"
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 12:07 am

Caught off guard, Patrick replied.
"Oh, touring with some friends." He managed to answer something plausible, he couldn't remember exactly what he was doing on the plane, as if some kind of amnesia had momentarily hit him. Patrick looked at the man he was supporting, and still couldn't believe it. This was Ziggy Stardust. This was the Thin White Duke. This was Thomas Jerome Newton, for chrissake! (Not that he would ever openly admit having watched 'The Man Who Fell To Earth'; it was like an oath to classified fanboyish-ness)
In all the midst of thought, Patrick didn't notice his eye contact had gone adrift.
Back to top Go down
David Bowie

David Bowie

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 12:31 am

Patrick was more and more interesting to Bowie's eyes. Had no one told him about the man's business abilities, he wouldn't have bought a single word of it. His every expression was overshadowed with - what was it, exactly? Insecurity? And it was oddly familiar to him.

Maybe he could do things the way they were done "in the good ol' days". No one's ever too old to play games, and even less to be opportunistic. If he played the right cards he could have the man under his thumb. A kind of voluntary slavery, much.

"Something is on your mind?" he asked with his ever-so-charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Stump

Patrick Stump

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 12:59 am

Patrick came out of his daze and looked at Bowie.
"Nuh uh, I'm fine." He couldn't actually tell him what he was thinking.
"I wonder if we'll see someone soon. We couldn't have been the only survivors." Patrick said, looking around in the wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waiting. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting.   Waiting. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting.
Page 1 of 1