{The Island}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
{The Island}

a crossover slash roleplay community

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drifting Off.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:36 pm

Everything was blue. And salty. Frank was not quite sure if he even wanted to ask any questions right now. He tapped around, finding metal under his fingers. And what was that sound? Sea gulls?

He lifted himself sitting, and examined his environment. It suddenly hit him back. The plane, the alert, the screams. Hazy memories of blood and tremors flooded back to him.

Flight 343 must have crashed in open water, and now he was stuck on this... this plane door?

Frank streaked his hair back at the same time a wave splashed on his back. Signing a contract to play gigs over seas did not include drifting off on a plane door to his death.

However, he was glad of his physical state, ignoring if the other passengers had even survived.

As desperation replaced panic, a beige and green line at the horizon caught his eye. An island.

If the flow of the waves didn't change, he'd get there before the sun set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bedbugers
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Silence. It was just another peaceful nap on a plane ride. Pete kept thinking he ws still asleep in his seat, probably drooling on the person sitting next to him. Still sleeping, he was awoken by a sudden wave of movement.

Slowly stirring, Pete tried to sit up, but was unable to immediately do so, due to the fact that a strange, seizing pain ripped through his back as he attempted to move.

Wondering what had happened, Pete slowly opened his eyes and was confused with what he was seeing. Blue. Lots of blue. In fact, it was everywhere. Still confused as to his surroundings, he was forced into the realization that he wasn't on the plane anymore.

Examining further, he realized that he was indeed off the plane. Or rather, he wasn't in the plane. He was bobbing in the ocean on what seemed to be part of a broken door.

Still left to wonder what had happened, Pete looked around in the hopes of seeing another person, or atleast some land. Out of nothing but sheer luck, Pete happened to glance upon both.

Caring more to see if the person was alive, Pete began shouting as he used what little energy he could to wave his arms about.
'Hey! You! Over here!'.
Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:20 pm

While attempting to snap out of this nightmare, Frank's head started buzzing. He was now hearing voices.

With the palm of his hand, he rubbed his blurry eyes.

The echo of voices still rang. It was real.

Spinning around, he took notice of the landmine of torned plane parts floating behind his door. On one of them was a familliar silhouette waving a weak arm toward his dirrection.

Pete.

Frank swallowed. Not water. It had to be water.

Using his arms as paddles to move his improvised boat to his friend, he took hold of Pete's arm without knowing if it was a rescue act or a need to know that someone was with him in this huge mess.

"What... what the fuck happened?"
Back to top Go down
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Gritting his teeth a little as Frank pulled him closer, Pete was glad to know that he wasn't stuck in this mess all alone. He sighed a little and looked Frank in the eyes.

"I have no fucking clue. I was just about to ask you the same thing."

Pete's look changed from one of pain and what seemed to be worry, to a look of sheer panic as his door began to slip away from him. He tried to latch onto it the best he could while hoping that Frank's grip on his arm could remain strong. Biting down on his lip as the door was pulled out from under him, Pete struggled to remain above the surface of the water.

Gasping and still trying to hold on to anything in the surrounding area, Pete began to sink a little in the water, knowing full well that the odd pain in his back wouldn't allow him to swim up.
Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Don't. Don't sink. Don't fucking sink.

It was too much to deal with. He shove his hand under water, grasping uselessly at Pete's slippy hands. Pete couldn't drown. But that possibility was well happening, and it was happening now.

Swim up!

With his jaw shaking and his eyes threatening to let tears slip at any moment, he swung his body into open water, enlacing an arm around Pete's waist.

Don't panic.

Frank pulled Pete out first, adrenaline-fuelled force giving him the strengh to push Pete onto the floating door.

He barely had enough will power to stick his face at the surface, gasping loudly, and feeling his heart tighten.

I have to get out of the water.

"Pete!" a wave. "...Pete! I don't..."

Don't swallow water.

"I can't deal with water!" he screamed hysterically, the salty water hiding his own tears.
Back to top Go down
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Oh shit. Oh shit. What do I do? Fuck! He just saved me and now I don't now what to do. Oh shit.

Pete's eyes glanced around in a hurry. He had to figure out something. As far as he knew, Frank could have been the only other survivor. He couldn't just let him drown.

"Don't panic! Fuck. Grab onto my arm!"

Pete moved his body into the center of the door, making sure that he wouldn't slip off as he pulled Frank aboard. He offered both of his arms to Frank, knowing that he was weak and would have trouble pulling him aboard.

Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm

Frank wildly clenched Pete's right arm, half-aware that the other wasn't in the right condition to support his weight.

With dilated irises, he managed to grab a part of the door and clumsily pulled his shaking body out of the terrifying water.

Never again. Never. No more water.

For a brief moment, Frank was completely unaware of Pete's presence as he hugged his knees and looked at nothing, forcing his mind to focus on anything but water. Open water.
Back to top Go down
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:46 pm

Groaning as he slowly moved into a seated position, Pete saw the fear in Frank's shaking eyes. Moving over slowly, Pete was able to half-crawl over to the other man's shaking form. He carefully place his right arm around Frank's body and pulled him closer, trying to comfort the terrified man.

"Thanks for saving me back there, man. Are you going to be okay?"
Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:53 pm

"Yes!" Frank blurped out of surprise.

He choked harshly, tasting salt.

"I just don't... I don't swim. It's a childhood phobia," he explained shortly.

He breathed.

Up front was the expanding form of a tropical island, smoke rising from the trees. Parts of the plane must have landed in the thick jungle.

"Are you ok?"

((listen, tomorrow i'm heading out to a cottage in the middle of nowhere. middle of nowhere = having to make a long distance call to get a shitty internet connection = lotsa $. so i won't be there until thursday or something. i'll get back to you as soon as i can, though. sorry for the trouble.))
Back to top Go down
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Poor guy. Now I know why he was so upset.

Pete secured his arm around Frank and sat quiet for a moment, not notiing that Frank had asked him a question.

"Uhh, yeah, I think. It's just my back. It hurts pretty bad when I try to move, but I think it'll be okay."

Giving the best weak smile he could, Pete gazed on into the horizon, noticing that the land mass was starting to look bigger and bigger. He guessed and hoped that they would reach land before it became pitch black outside. He didn't know how long they could last out in the ocean at nighttime.

((It's fine. :] I'm going to be leaving on the fifth for two whole weeks, and I don't know if I'll be able to get online, so I'm sorry ahead of time if I can't.))

Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:08 pm

Frank didn't know what made him feel the most awkward: the fact that Pete was hugging for more than five minutes or the sand that was visible under the blue layer of water, indicating they were closer to the shore.

Above all the things that could be on his mind, he cherished the thought of sleeping most. He gave a loud yawn, eyes half closed, and he rested his head on an improvised pillow he usually spelled "Pete".
Back to top Go down
Pete Wentz

Pete Wentz

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:12 pm

Pete attempted to supress a chuckle. Figuring that he had gotten enough sleep on the plane, Pete remained seated, allowing Frank to rest until they reached shore.

About an hour later, as the sun was finally setting, the door reached the shoreline, and Pete was forced to make a decision. Should he just carry Frank until he found a safe place for them to rest, or should he wake up the weary man? Deciding that his back would hurt far too much to carry Frank around, Pete gently nudged Frank.

"Hey. Hey Frank. We're here."
Back to top Go down
Frank Iero

Frank Iero

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:17 pm

((i'm making a new thread in "beach"))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drifting Off. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Off.   Drifting Off. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drifting Off.
Page 1 of 1